Sunday, July 16, 2017

MXQ Pro 4K Review

I have been hearing some great things about the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box so I decided to order one and give it a go.  As with most Android TV boxes, the main ingredient is Kodi Media Center and how well that runs.

I picked up the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box off of Amazon for only $32.49, which is six dollars less than the Fire TV Stick and Kodi runs much better on this device than on the Fire TV Stick.
I think that Android TV boxes are a good option for those who mainly use Kodi on them so my testing was pretty much putting this little unit through the paces within Kodi.
The MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box was very easy to setup and Kodi came pre-installed on the system but it was also plagued with addons already installed that I didn’t want.  So, I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled with a fresh Jarvis version.

I installed my favorite addon that streams a quality live news feed and kept that live stream playing for over 15 hours with not interruption whatsoever.  During this long run, the unit did not overheat or crash which many Android TV Boxes are known for.  I was pleasantly surprised by how well it ran Kodi.

MXQ Pro 4K Review – What I Like & What I Don’t Like

 

Things I like about the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box Amlogic S905

  • Nice power due to the Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 and Penta-core ARM Mali-450 GPU
  • Ability to play 4K videos very well without any buffering
  • Perfect device for those of us who use Kodi for main application
  • Works great with Rii I8 Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard With Mouse
  • Price is unbeatable at only $32.49
  •  

What I don’t like about the MXQ Pro 4K Anroid TV Box

  • Cheap remote but not a deal breaker as you should always use a wireless mini keyboard with Android TV Boxes such as the Rii I8 Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard With Mouse
  • No Bluetooth support.  For those of you who like to game on these devices and you depend on a Bluetooth gamepad, this wouldn’t be a good choice
  • User interface is bad.  After I got things up and running, I installed my favorite Android Launcher that replaced the default launcher which you will see in the image below
  •  
MXQ Pro 4K Launcher

Would I use the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box As A Primary Streaming Device Within My Home?

If I was only interested in using Kodi with this Android box, it is an absolute home run.  If I was interested in gaming with a Bluetooth gamepad or using Android Apps such as YouTube, I would stick with a streaming device that worked better with a remote such as the Fire TV.
My main reason for using devices like these is for streaming with Kodi so this would fit nicely into my home network.
All-in-all, this is a kick-butt unit and you can’t go wrong in respect to the price!

What’s In The Box?

MXQ-Pro-4K-Whats-In-The-Box
  • MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box
  • IR Remote
  • HDMI Cable
  • Power Adapter
  • RCA Cable
  • Manual
*2 AAA batteries not included for remote

MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box Specs

  • MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box Amlogic S905 Specs
  • Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad Core Cortex-A53 at 2.0GHz
  • GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 at 600MHz+
  • FLASH: 8GBNAND FLASH
  • SDRAM: 1GBDDR3
  • Power Supply Specifications
  • Main Device Features
  • OS: Android 5.1
  • 3D: Hardward 3D graphics acceleration
  • HDMI: HDMI 1.4b with CEC
  • AV: Support
  • 3G: Support
  • Bluetooth: Not supported
  • LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45
  • Wireless: Built in WiFi
  • Support Decoder format: HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC- 1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
  • Support Media format: Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
  • Support Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
  • Support Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
  • USB host: 4 High speed USB 2.0,support U DISK and USB HDD
  • Card reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards
  • HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
  • Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
  • High Definition video output: SD/HD max.1920×1080 pixel
  • OSD type of languages: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
  • Mouse/ Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
  • SPDIF/IEC958: Coaxial
  • Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
  • Power Indicator (LED): Power ON :blue; Standby :Red
  • Network Function: Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc
  • Other feature: Free Internet searching,thousands of android applications,many kinds of games,etc.

Ultra TT 4.3 Kodi 17.3 Krypton Build Released – Best Amazon Fire TV Stick Build 2017

Ultra TT 4.3 Released – Best/Fastest Kodi Build for All devices Including Amazon Fire TV Stick ! Ultra TT by TopTutorials has been upda...